Saturday, July 9, 2011

PanPastel Workshop?

The demonstration painting from last week, done in PanPastels on gray Pastelmat.
I'm considering a two- or three- day workshop here in Albuquerque this fall/winter on HOW TO USE PANPASTELS.  I'd like to offer people a chance to see how to handle this wonderful addition to the medium of pastels, learn some interesting new techniques, and see how I do it. I'd most likely demonstrate several different subjects, so my students would also benefit from information about how to paint the landscape, and then have time at the easel to paint.
My idea is to offer the option of purchasing an introductory set of Pans and tools, and of course some Pastelmat paper, for those who are ready to go for it. 
I have a location in mind that's close to Interstate 25 and Paseo del Norte, which is fairly central and "freeway close". It has tables and chairs, good skylights (and additional lighting), a small kitchen area, plenty of parking, and is nice and quiet. Students would only have to supply a portable easel, although they could bring their Pans, too.
I'd just love to have the opportunity to show you why I love PanPastels so much! Your input is welcome... What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah,

    I might be interested in this but it does depend on when it is offered and I can't promise at this time. It does sound interesting. I am in the middle of packing up and moving back to AZ at the end of this month. but I will be back in Minnesota around Thanksgiving time to see family and have our(my friend Sue and I) 2nd annual Black Friday Art Sale. i might have more freedowm in the winter time. depends on how i'm feeling and if I get sick or not. this past winter I was sick for three months and the winter before I was sick for more than two and in the hospital for 8 days. I'm seriously thining of getting a flu shot but I'm torn by it because I had a good doctor once who told me never to get it with all of my immune problems and health issues. That it would just make me sicker with those things. sigh. I pray I don't get sick! I don't have any pan pastels yet but have been thinking about them for a couple of years now and I do have some pastelmat that I love for regular pastels. Well this is long. Love this painting you did and I have a feeling you will have a very successful class! lots of people are interested in learning how to use them is my guess!

    Take care,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go! It will probably be too soon for me to become self supporting and have enough spending money to attend a workshop out of state this fall, but I hope you do this.

    I hope it goes well too and that you'll do it again another year, because in 2012 I might be able to afford the trip. Especially a short weekend length trip like that. Might be traveling bare bones on Greyhound to do it, but that could be fun in itself.

    I'm serious. I've been drooling at your classes and workshops for years, so please keep doing them and if this one goes well, consider running it more than once. I'm a lot closer to self supporting than I've been and this is a wonderful idea.

    It might even be easier and cheaper to get to Albuquerque from California than from Arkansas. Nice field test for what I need to do to go to IAPS in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've received several messages from people who might be interested. A lot depends on when it is and how much it will cost, of course. One thing I can assure you of: it will be weekdays, not the weekend. I'd most likely shoot for Thursday-Friday. I'm told Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays are often the best fares on the airlines, too!

    ReplyDelete